Clarified butter or ghee is pure milk fat without milk proteins, milk sugar and water. It is good for frying eggs or vegetables, for baking or in coffee Bulletproof.
Make your own ghee at home. Just take some butter and lets go. ;)
- unsalted butter.
- put the butter info pot and let it melt, then boil only on low flame,
- during boiling there is a foam formed on the surface including milk proteins, pick it up and throw it away,
- when the foam stops to be formed we have nice pure milk fat – the clarified butter,
- rest of milk protein strain through some cloth,
- let it cool and put it to the fridge to harden.